Grading Guidelines for CoachGrader.com
The following guidelines are intended to better protect all users and coaches. Please review before submitting a grade on CoachGrader.com
Please Do Not:
- Be honest.
- Grade the coach only on what you feel knowlegable in / comfortable with. All questions are optional.
- Proof read your comments before posting. Poor spelling WILL NOT cause your comment to be removed; however, poor spelling may result in your comment being discredited by those who read it.
- Leave your Name, Initials, Pseudo Name, Number or any sort of identifying mark out of the comment.
- Refer to the questions themselves to help you better elaborate your comments.
- Be objective in your assessment of the coach.
- Limit your comments to the coach's professional abilities. Essentially, do not to get personal.
- Remember negative comments that still offer constructive criticism are useful. Comments that bash a coach on a personal level are not.
- Submit helpful comments that mention the coach's ability to coach and/or communicate effectively, coach, strategize, or build the program.
- State something as a fact if it is an opinion.
- Grade a coach more than once.
- Make references to other comments posted.
- Coaches: Do not grade yourselves.
Comments will be deemed inappropriate that are libelous, defamatory, indecent, vulgar or obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit or sexually suggestive, racially, culturally, or ethnically offensive, harmful, harassing, intimidating, threatening, hateful, objectionable, discriminatory, or abusive, or which may or may appear to impersonate anyone else.
How to get your grades/comments removed:
- Use profanity, name-calling, vulgarity or sexually explicit in nature
- Use derogatory remarks about the coach's religion, ethnicity or race, physical appearance, mental and physical disabilities.
- Reference a coach's sex life (Including sexual innuendo, sexual orientation or claims that the coach sleeps with athletes).
- Claim the coach shows bias for or against an athlete or specific groups of athletes.
- Claim the coach has been or will be fired, suspended from their job, or is on probation.
- Claim the coach engages or has previously engaged in illegal activities (drug use, been incarcerated.)
- Include a link/URL to a webpage or website that does not directly pertain to coaching.
- Post any piece of information including contact info that enables someone to identify an athlete.
- Post any piece of information about the coach that is not available on the school's website and allows someone to contact them outside of school. This also includes remarks about the coach's family and personal life.
- Accuse a coach of grading themselves.
- Comment in a language other than English.
These will be enforced and violations will result in either inappropriate portions of the comments being removed, or the entire comment being deleted. If you see a comment that you believe violates our Grading Guidelines, please contact us and state the problem. It will then be evaluated by one of our moderators.
Coaches: Please do not contact us about a comment because you disagree with it.
Comments containing a threat of violence against a person or any other remark that would tend to be seen as intimidating or intends to harm someone will deleted. CoachGrader will notify the authorities of your IP address and the time you graded. This is enough information to identify you. IP addresses will also be turned over to the proper authorities when presented with a subpoenas or court orders from a government agency or court.
Multiple grades / comments from the same IP in a short amount of time are automatically deleted on our backend to fight grading abuse. There is no differentiation between positive and negative comments. Please submit only one grade per person per coach.
Requests to add a new coach may be submitted to us on the contact page (we will create a form in the near future) and will be added once approved by a moderator.
follow us on